Here is the basic information you need to know about our online glass-making reservations:
- Glassblowing experiences and workshops are on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am – to 5 pm. Events may be scheduled during our business hours. Glassblowing classes and Kiln-Forming Workshops are typically at night or on the weekend.
- Online Booking System: The studio uses an online booking system that you can access 24/7. You can choose your offering and find an available time and date. Reservations are typically for 1-4 people. Five people or more typically schedule events. See our reservation terminology to learn the differences between Experiences, Classes, Watch and learns, Demos, and Events.
- No Refund Policy: We have a no refund policy because we can’t fill a slot if you don’t show up. If you follow our 72-hour cancellation policy, you can reschedule or receive studio credit. If there is an emergency we will reschedule one (1) time.
- 72-hour cancellation policy: Bookings are challenging to resell in less than 72 hours. To reschedule any reservation, we require a 72-hour notice. Thanks.
- Age limits: Because of various factors, the minimum age for experiences and workshops is eight years old. No exceptions. For learning to blow classes, the minimum age is 14 years old.
- Safety Waivers: Your safety and ours are vital to us. Everyone who makes glass with us must read our Safety Policy & sign our online safety waiver. There are guidelines provided for appropriate apparel in the studio. If a participant is under 18, the waiver should have their name but be read and signed by their parent or legal guardian. Other than the minimum age, we try to accommodate everyone.
- Your Participation: Each person will select their form and colors (from the options their reservation is for), help apply the color, help blow & shape the piece. They may also get to heat the object in the reheat furnace and other actions as time allows. We follow Public Health Guidelines.
- Picking up your piece: In the glassblowing experiences and workshops, you are paying for the experience. However, we also provide the piece you worked on. Glass must anneal, so your piece will be available the next time the annealer is turned off. That is approximately one week from when you created your piece.. The studio is typically open Monday-Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm. Please pick up during those time frames. We have limited storage, so please pick your piece(s) as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days from your event. After 30 days at the studio, we reserve the right to dispose of your piece if we have not heard from you. We can ship your glass (at your expense). This requires your credit card info and shipping address. The packing charge is $12/box, and shipping is via ground UPS at their rates (box size, weight, and zip code).
- Tips are appreciated: Our glassblowing team works hard to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. We love to share our enthusiasm for glass, the process of glass making, and whatever other tidbits. If you had a good time, please show them.